Hair transplant dietary tips
Over these years, one of the major physical transformation inventions has been the procedure for Hair Transplant. It is one the best and safest treatment options to overcome hair loss and that too without any risk. Hair transplant is initiated with medicines and proper diet plan to stimulate hair follicles. In this technique, the hair follicles are extracted from healthy body part(s) and placed on the part with the scarce hair loss. It takes around 8-9 months for full growth after transplant treatment. It is very important to give extra attention and care to your hair for best results after hair transplant and a major area to pay attention is to follow a nutritive diet if you are about to go or have recently undergone hair transplant.
One of the best hair transplant doctors in Chandigarh says that a fit and healthy body successfully and quickly responds to hair transplant treatment. A nutritive and healthy diet always compliments the hair transplant treatment and helps in quick recovery. On the other hand, an unhealthy diet can impede new grown hair, can lead to hair fall, can slow down hair growth and can cause malfunctioning of hair follicles.
Here are some quick dietary tips which you should follow before, during or after the treatment:
- Avoid spicy food: Spicy food may interfere to the healing process of the donor part of the body – so strictly exclude spicy foods from your food regime if you want to go or have recently undergone the hair transplant treatment.
- Say no to alcohol and smoking: Consumption of alcohol may strongly affect the process of blood supply towards the head. Avoid alcohol and smoking up to 2 months after transplant.
- No crash diet: Crash diet directly affects hair transplant as it may lead to hair fall of transplanted and slows down the growth of the transplanted hair due to lack of proper nutrition.
- Have lots of water: Drink at least three liters of water everyday – more than that if you can. Intake of necessary amount of water removes toxins from body and helps to remove disease causing organisms through urine and sweat. It increases the hair growth with proper blood circulation and also heals the scars quickly.
Some important nutrients to go for:
- Vitamins: Vitamins are essential to speed up hair growth – boosting scalp blood circulation and making hair, skin and nails healthier and stronger. Add vitamin B, D, B6, B12 and B complex to your daily diet. Potato, spinach, banana, fish, meat, poultry and dairy products are good sources of vitamins.
- Iron: Iron is beneficial in recovery after transplant and hair growth. Blood cells of our body need good amount of iron to deliver oxygen to scalp and body.
- Fatty acids: Sufficient intake of essential fatty acids leads to healthy hair and skin and good sources are omega-3s, salmon, fatty fish, flaxseeds, walnuts and almonds.
- Proteins: Protein deficiency is one of the most prominent causes of hair loss. So it is important to take enough amount of proteins after and during hair transplant session. Protein rich foods like eggs, fish, chicken and soy proteins etc. are helpful in hair growth.
- Folic acid: Fresh vegetables and fruits, citrus fruits, whole grains, lentils and beans are enriched with folic acid. Consumption of folic acid daily is good for healthy hair growth.
- Copper, Zinc and Silica: Intake of silica, zinc and copper rich foods like Oat, rice wheat, asparagus, red and green peppers stimulate hair growth and thickness prevent baldness and hair loss.
Above mentioned tips will definitely help improve your hair transplant treatment as these are highly beneficial for the newly transplanted hair and health of hair follicles.
These diet tips are also recommended by Dr. Kalia – the best hair transplant doctors in Chandigarh.